Friday, May 13, 2011

Dragging my feet...

So what else is new?

I got my webcam on Monday, spent the evening playing around with it and made my first video which is posted on my Facebook page. I don't consider it YouTube worthy (lol) as it's mostly a shout out to my buds. The webcam works great, and it is indeed everything I need and easy to use. I couldn't be happier with it.

On Tuesday my pet cockatiel Tweaker flew out the back door and as of 6:45pm that evening there has been no sign of him. I have placed his cage outside and handed out missing posters to all of the more popular businesses in town, plus I have friends and family spreading the word too, so hopefully I will get some good news soon. He's been my birdy bird for 10 years, I feel like my own child has run away from home. I've been in a deep depression about it all week. Some people have suggested I simply get another bird, but that is the furthest thing from my mind right now. While I would love to open my home up to a new feathered friend, I don't want to do it so soon. There is a female cockatiel for sale in a local ad, which I may eventually get...best case scenario, Tweaker will come home and have a new companion waiting for him.

Because of this tragedy, I have put YouTubing on the back burner for the moment. This weekend I have the apartment to myself so once I finish catching up on housework, maybe I will have some time to devote to practicing my reading skills and shooting some test videos. Maybe I will have my first one up by the end of the weekend, but don't hold your breath. Writing has been at a standstill for months now...hit another dry spell. I've got some new ideas for poems but haven't had the time or energy to bring them to life. Maybe I can do that this weekend too.