Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rememberance Day for Authors and Poets?

Today is a big day in the world of writers and poets.

The following all share a birthday today: Mark Twain, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Jonathan Swift, Israel Singer, Mark Lemon, John McCrae, Philip Sidney, John Dickson Carr and Eugene Walter.

Also, these people passed away on this date: Oscar Wilde, Compton Mackenzie, James A. Baldwin, Fernando Pessoa, Terrence Rattigan, Margaret Walker, George Henry Lewes, Arthur Ficke, Patrick Kavanaugh, Norman Cousins and Christophe Tarkos.

Methinks a new holiday should be in order ;)
Check the "love this" box at the bottom of this post if you agree with me.

In other news, I finally made the big investment and purchased myself a netbook which will be used for my writing. An external DVD/CD-RW drive will be arriving shortly which I will use to install Microsoft Word and then the setup will be complete :)

This is so exciting for me. I am also in the process of choosing a poem from Scrambled Egg: Poems and Other Confessions for my next video. I'm personally leaning towards "It's All For You." Stay tuned, my friends.