Sunday, June 10, 2012

author page on Amazon, and other news

Finally, I have created my own author's page over at Amazon.  Click on the link below to check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/author/saramegankay

Right now, I am in the process of uploading my video "It's All For You" to my profile there and it is taking FOREVER.  Once that is done, it will take up to 24 hours for it to show up, same goes for the Atom feed to this blog.  I've always wondered how writers got their own pages on Amazon, and of course it was really easy to set up once I found the link for Author Central.

As you have seen in my last several posts, I have been enjoying a slow but steady stream of creativity.  I haven't been able to devote a lot of time towards writing, just a little here and there in between work shifts.  My new business cards arrived last Tuesday, and I've been passing them out to friends and co-workers.  Some of them even had me autograph their cards!  My boss, Flora, says she might sell hers on eBay after I become famous.  LOL she might have to wait a long time for that, but I love her for being optimistic.

I still have to wait until August 1st to find out whether or not I am a finalist for the 2012 Ruth Lilly Fellowship.  This was the last year for me to be eligible to enter, so I am impatient to find out the results!

I am contemplating on entering the 2013 Oregon Literary Fellowship.  The deadline is June 29th, so I would have to act fast if I decide to go for it.  I will be giving myself until the end of today to figure that out.

I have had a lot on my plate lately, so I haven't been able to accomplish as much as I want to.  I need to manage my time better, thats for sure.  Until next time, my friends...keep writing and stay strong.

Edited to add on 6/11:  The author's page is up and fully loaded, and soon there will be a new addition to my Kindle Store.  At the same price as on Lulu, you can download the Kindle edition of "Ghosts of the Field" within the next 24 hours.