Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Want To Love You, But I'm Afraid

Across these miles on nothing but hope
I outstretch these ivy vines to you,
Seeking a heart to clutch, a mind to know,
A forehead to touch with mine to feel
This true connection-
There must be a way.

I want to love you, but I'm afraid
You may only like me.

We speak a similar dialect
Vocalizing our own separate thirsts
Though our tongues curl differently
Over the idea of something amusing
But I want to ask
Without sounding like someone important,
What do you want of this life?

Do you wish the same things as me,
A true partner in every sense,
A collaboration of artists, or mutual muse?
Shall I give my heart,
Will it be what you want?
Nights silent and not budging,
Immersed in recuperation, the victory
Of one more day?
When a moment can last forever
Or just an hour,
Do you see me in there, at all?

I want to love you, but I'm afraid
You may only like me.