Friday, June 13, 2014

I want to run in the rain with you.

Take my hand, lead me laughing into the black monsoon, through the crossroads and down the hill without losing our grip once.  Blink back those rain drops that fall into your eyes and let the wind steal our air.  We can stop and catch a breath underneath that street light, gasping and smiling, then wrapping our arms together to keep each other warm.

I love the way you look at me, a sort of detached tenderness...as if you are always admiring from a distance.  We attempt to walk together as one being, a few steps are accomplished but soon we lose rhythm and separate, keeping our arms linked and going down the dark alley towards the main highway.  We pass dilapidated houses, fallen into irreparable ruin, and feel as stubborn as them.  We too refuse to collapse.

In a spot of total darkness, you and I will share a kiss and light up the whole corner.  Or maybe that was just another street light.  But that sunbeam is fleeting and every inch of ourselves is soaked.  I silently marvel at how your jeans cling to your body, and now your shirt has become a mere silhouette upon your chest and arms, and I long to press up against you.

There isn't a single gesture that hasn't been done since the dawn of man that can show you just how much I love you right now.  Barely sensing the outline of your face, your eyes almost glowing in a mischievous tint.  I steal another kiss and we begin walking some more.  The whole town is asleep, it is so empty and silent, the lights from nearby shops and businesses seems like a glittering underground paradise.  Like in so many aspects of our life together, we are seemingly the only inhabitants of the world that lays before us.

We could spend hours exploring, or turn right back around and dry each other off after a hot shower.  The inevitable outcome in Egyptian cotton sheets...but how long until then?